Sunday, May 22, 2011

Moneygall, Ireland

Photo by Matt Dunham, AP
We're heading into the Memorial Day weekend next week...I've hung a plant with red, white and blue flowers outside my kitchen door and there are various American flags tucked here and there around my home.  So when I went on my MSNBC page a moment ago and saw this photo....naturally, I loved it.  Our president is getting ready to visit this small, Irish hamlet, and they are literally rolling out the....red, white & blue carpet....putting a fresh coat of paint on their homes and "spiffing" things up for his arrival.  I don't care what your political views are....we live in the greatest country in the world.  Hope you have a flag to hang next weekend for all of those who have served our country and continue to do so.

No comments: