Thursday, December 22, 2011

NAKED TREES

NAKED TREES IN WINTER
 
Trees in winter are really more beautiful than they are when they are clothed with leaves....in winter you can really see their shapes...they aren't camouflaged.  It's not that their seasonal colors aren't beautiful....but somehow in winter...their soul is revealed.   Haven't painted in weeks...felt good to sit down with the paint brush today...and because this is in my Red,White & Blue journal...I added the flag....I could have put a cardinal in a tree, but I didn't want to take away from the starkness of the trees...

2 comments:

sophiedc said...

i love your painting .... love the colors

Morna Crites-Moore said...

I like those trees! I think it would be cool to have one tiny cardinal .... but I know you find it hard to resist flags. :-)