Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Colors of Morocco


 
Art Journal
Acrylics
 
I love the colors of Morocco....the blues especially.  I read today that they use a lot of blue to ward off evil spirits.  I worked on this particular painting for quite awhile trying to get the perspective right.  If you want to work on perspective....try drawing these intricate entrances to the riads of Morocco.  I found this one on Pinterest.  I have another painting that I started that is much more blue....but it needs much more work so we'll see if I can finish that one.  Here is a closer look....

of the shuttered window, the blue tile, the pots and the clay tile flooring.  It's done in my sort of primitive style...when your style is primitive, you can get away with more imperfections...at least that's my philosophy!

No comments: