Friday, May 22, 2015

ART IMITATES LIFE


ART JOURNAL
ACRYLICS
 Iris Apfel  - Designer

I'm back in my art journal today.  I recently read an article in the New York Times about this very interesting designer (now 93).  Iris  is an "over the top" designer/fashion icon.  She is all about color if you've ever seen her NYC apartment featured in a magazine.  The jewelry alone that she wears must add 10 pounds to her weight.  So this was another exercise in my journal where I take a photo and glue it in the book and then do my interpretation on the opposite page....

The hardest part for me is always trying to do the eyes.  

This is how she looked earlier in the process....


And here you have a close-up. She's quite the character and I hope she wouldn't be offended by my interpretation of her.  Her face is such a caricature that I'm sure she's been done by many artists.  She was definitely a fun face to do.  

No comments: