Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas

The kitchen is the heart of the home and it's where I start the Christmas decorating. It's where the wonderful aroma of cookies baking in the oven comes from and the scent of evergreens placed here and there. As you get older & reflect on Christmases past...it's the time spent with family and friends, the fun decorating cookies and the meals that were shared that you think about. Although, I will never forget the Christmas that my sister, Dianne and I, got our English Racers. Her bicycle was black and mine was red. That was the best!

I remember wearing dresses with "itchy" petticoats. I remember seeing the presents wrapped in my parents bedroom...the ones that weren't from Santa...and reading the tags to see which ones were for me... I remember Mom setting up the kitchen table with bowls of frosting and sprinkles for the cookies ...which were not only on the table, but on the floor as well. I remember Dad taking us to purchase the tree.

Christmas is all about the memories. I still think Christmas Eve is the best night of the year...it doesn't matter how old you are. Merry Christmas to my family....this one's for you.

No comments: