Sunday, June 20, 2010

Learning New Things

I went to an Altered Book workshop yesterday...I am intrigued with what you can do with books whether it's making one from scratch (haven't tried yet), art journaling in a blank book or...as in yesterday's workshop....taking an existing hard bound book and making it into something creative and fun.  (I did read the book before I decided to "alter" it).  So this is the first two pages of the book.  We played with alcohol inks, "masks" which are essentially stencils...the clock gears you see, arylic paint dabbers,  rubber stamps, embellishments...the key and other small metal objects.  So as I was looking at it awhile ago, I decided it needed something more....and who knows...I may yet again add something else to it;  but for now, I added song lyrics...one of my favorite songs from an earlier generation...As Time Goes By...
The photos is not the best, but hope you get the idea....

2 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Watch out Mark Twain Library used book sale - here comes Eileen!

simply blue said...

...It can't come soon enough!