Friday, October 28, 2011

Here Comes The Groom....



Home & Garden Journal
Mirabeau Bonaparte & Virginia Swanson
c. 1920

When I was looking for things for my "pear" pages, I came across the wedding photo of my maternal grandparents.  And it is so lovely, I had to journal it.  I never knew my grandmother... as she had passed before I arrived on the planet.  I don't know the wedding date either...still searching for that, but I've left room under their photo to add it.  And I don't know what I want to put inside the metal heart either....I do love that I found the music "Behold, the Bridegroom Cometh!"   The lace is from an old mantilla from my Catholic days... And on the opposite page, I found the wonderful drawing of the man...it was part of an old advertisement...but he's dressed just like my grandfather....serendipity.  So I just embellished him a bit with a little white paint on his bow tie and flower and I painted the candlesticks silver and I "upholstered" the chair....I just altered the page a bit here and there. The clocks on the left of the groom...just to indicate the passage of time....once upon a time....

No comments: