Monday, January 16, 2012

The Year of the Dragon

First altered book class
 
of the new year...we did the....

 "Year of the Dragon" 
The little "purse" on the right page involved some origami techniques.  The purse opens out and there is a card with Chinese letters that spell out Happy New Year inside.  I love the cool things you can do with origami....I just need patience and practice to master...not even master...to achieve the techniques...perhaps a new year's resolution I could keep....learn origami!  The little red envelope on the left holds a piece of  fake Chinese moneyThe dragon is embossed on the red disk as are the Chinese letters in gold on the bottom right page.  The Dragon is a symbol of good fortune and power that commands respect.  Do you know what Chinese year you were born in?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen, I am a dog (I am in Chinese counting of course, lol). I love your embossing, I use it all the time in my journal. Orgami .... hmmmmm, you give me some great ideas there
XXX, Sophie