Sunday, November 17, 2013

i imagine....

Art Journal

These pages started with a little bit of molding paste and a stencil on the left page. I painted an undercoat first on both pages.


 Then I did a coat of Midnight blue paint mixed with some glazing liquid over the entire page and let it set for about a minute.  Then I wiped the paint off.
I like the effect.  Then I added some turquoise blue here and there on the swirls and ultimately some gold. I sewed a button onto a piece of paper that I cut into a scalloped edged circle.  The detail of the button, which you can't see is that it looks like the background of the page.  There is also a striped button on the page.  The butterfly is decoupaged onto a piece of card stock.  I only have it glued down the center of the butterfly so it appears ready to take off....and I added two words...i  imagine.
The opposite page:
This page I also had painted the background.  And then I drew a wire birdhouse that I have...I like things made out of wire.  At any rate, it didn't have the whimsical quality that I was hoping for and it was really difficult to draw.  I think if I had used a pen with a smaller point it might have worked.  However, as you can see, the bird cage is nowhere to be seen.  I painted over the whole thing.  In it's place, you see a napkin that I decoupaged to the page.  I covered it with gloss decoupage to make sure the napkin was protected.  There is a small brass bird sitting on top of the Eiffel Tower.  And right in the middle of the compass is the word....fly.  I also added a nice piece of ribbon on the right side of the page.  Below is a close-up of the button/butterfly.  That's my weekend art! 

No comments: