Saturday, November 23, 2013

Inspiration from Sis Boom!


Art Journal
Mixed Media
Inspired by Sis Boom
On a magical evening 
Above is how my creative space looked today....I had so much on my desktop that I barely had room to work!  This always happens...I'm a messy artist.

 I went to a Ladies Night earlier this week....a night of creativity and shopping....The evening was hosted by fabric designer+, Jennifer Paganelli...aka, Sis Boom.  The pieces of paper are all Jennifer's designs. 
 (I also did a little Christmas shopping!)

 
We made the paper circles garland during the evening.  I ended up draping it as you see on my inspiration board and I love it. A close up below.

Here is my two-page journal spread:
 
  I used acrylics for the background... different shades blues, pinks, etc.  I took part of a polka dot napkin and glued it to the lower half of the right hand page. Across the top and down the sides of the pages are triangles cut from Sis Boom paper.  The colors are to die for!  Her evite had a Christmas tree which I printed and added to the left page along with Sis Boom Show.  On the right, I added a window that  I drew on a separate piece of paper, and painted a Christmas tree in the window.  When we approached Jennifer's home on this festive evening....there was a Christmas tree in one of her windows....so welcoming.  I took more of the paper scraps and created a Christmas tree on the right hand page as well as a Christmas gift, bottom right.  And I've added words to the pages....below are larger shots because the pages absolutely sparkle!
Above, the page has tiny sequin stars and sequin helixes and dots of glitter glue....it looks amazing.  The words ..."Creativity was in the air" and "Welcome."
 Below you can see better how the tree was formed.  My heart says "Thank you Jennifer PaganelliAnd top left it says, "A magical night". The Christmas box was created from her evite and I used glitter glue to outline it.




From this angle, you can see some of the shiny glitter glue drops.


Jennifer's evening was full of sparkle...you couldn't help but feel the joy of the holiday season in every corner of her home.  She truly inspired me!

No comments: