Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Nostalgia...


Art Journal
This is the time of year when many graduations are taking place.  Tomorrow, I'm headed to Boston for my son's graduation from grad school.  This particular page in my art journal takes me way back to my high school days, back in the '60's.  High school...an important time in our lives.  The Beatles were going strong and I love their song...."In My Life".  The art above takes me back to a neighborhood I lived in back then.  That's me with my little black poodle, Sachet.  I'm not going to go into the details of the importance of that time or that place....suffice to say I have wonderful memories.  When I was writing the lyrics to the song on this page, and had almost completed the page....I realized I had left a line out and had to paint over all of the words and start over.  The words are important, so I couldn't let it go.  I had to fix it.  If only all of life's issues could be fixed so easily.  Memories...scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind...aah....but that's a different song, isn't it.....?

No comments: