Friday, September 16, 2016

Sketching in North Salem

North Salem Homestead
Watercolor and ink

My friends, Jan and Michael took some time away to celebrate their wedding anniversary this week, so while they were away, I spent some time keeping Jan's mom company.  Jan's mom is a very good watercolorist.  The weather has been gorgeous this week, so I sat outside and did this sketch of the side entrance to the house.  The reason I chose this side of the house, is because I love the little windows that open out and also the porch.  And there are lots of flowers, although many were starting to fade with the onset of fall.  Here's a closer look....

And here is another sketch I did while I was there...Jan's mother referred to it as a "lace bench" and I love that name.  It was more difficult to sketch than it looks....
LACE BENCH
Don't know what I'm going to sketch when it starts to get cold here.  I had such perfect weather when I was doing this!

No comments: