Saturday, December 17, 2016

BEST LAID PLANS

Snow is falling here...Boomer is checking it out.  I've been putzing around in my art room and baking shortbread in my kitchen and now have a big pot of chicken tomato basil stew on the stove. 
Today is my sister's 70th birthday and if it weren't for a slight snafu in her husbands' health this week, they would be here and we would be celebrating!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANNE
This card is on its way to her.  As soon as I found out they wouldn't be coming, I packaged their holiday gifts and sent them off.  She's obviously a cat lover.
I did this sketch of Boomer earlier in the week.  It looks like him when he was a puppy; not currently.  I should have made his eyes and nose larger.....I still like it.  It's fun to take a black pen and make squiggle marks for his fur!
As the snow was falling, I sketched my cup of coffee and a gingerbread biscotti baked by my friend, Cathy.  Listening to The Hounds of Winter, by Sting.  A sad tale....maybe I need to switch it up!

I did this little scene as well....rocks in the forest, snow falling. Christmas
is definitely not all "comfort and joy" and rockin' around the Christmas tree.  The memories of previous years really start to pile up and there are fewer people around to share the stories and memories with.  I surround myself with my favorite things that remind me of some wonderful times and look forward to another season of hope. 


No comments: