Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Holidays ....

Folk Art Tree Sketch
This sketch is of the upper portion of what I call my folk art tree.  It keeps me company in my kitchen during the holidays.  The writing on the page tells about the tree.  Below is how it looks once I added water colors....
It has hand painted mini birdhouses, dried orange slices, mini grapevine wreaths, a few birds, etc.  I put blue and white mini lights on it this year.  It's a cozy addition to my holiday season.

My water color class ended a couple of weeks ago.  On the last day, we took papers of our old water colors...discards, tore them up and made a collage.  We chose an inspiration photo to get us going so here's what I did....
First, the photo....

This photo is in a notebook I keep of what I call "inspiration" photos.  The silver pumpkin is not part of the background page....I just added it because I liked it.  It's not part of  my collage.  It's hard to tell, but there is an old building way in the background of this photo....here's my interpretation....

I actually loved doing this activity. Added to the collage are some acrylic paints to make it more cohesive.  Tearing up your old art work can be very freeing!  Some of my classmates had never done collage so it was interesting to see their approach to the activity.  This was just pure fun.

No comments: