Sunday, August 29, 2010

Delight in Disorder

It's taken me awhile to get to this point this morning....first my camera battery needed recharging and then I lost my internet connection.  
I had my monthly altered book workshop class yesterday and want to share what we did....it was all about using Black & White.
Our instructor brought lots of papers with various patterns and prints for us to use and  I also  brought some of my ownThere are two tags that I made for the class...one I've attached to the left page, and one to the right.   Here is the 1st picture....
If you read the caption on the tag I made with the little black dress, it reads "Delight in Disorder"....and if you are a left-brain thinker and you're looking at this picture...you might agree with the "disorder".  The placement of the papers is truly random.  The polka dots down the right hand side is actually a piece of ribbon I sewed on.  I do love the copy on the black dress tag...it goes on to say "A sweet disorder in the dress, kindles in clothes a wantoness...a lawn about the shoulders thrown ...into a fine distraction...." and it goes on.
Here's the left page...
The "game boy" was made with rubber stamps provided by the instructor and brads to attach his arms and legs so they move.  Only his torso is glued to the page.  The tag I had made prior to the class.  I brought the lace doily and the maskCould he have been placed on a less "busy" background so that he stood out more?   Yes...but somehow, the delight in the disorder appeals to me.  I might have to do a couple of more black & white pages because I still have some interesting "stuff" I could use...hate to waste...The words "The Difference is Black and White" is from a magazine ad.  How well that worked out!
Here are both pages together....

 And we learned a little bit about Zentangles and did a little exercise in that as well....
This is Zentangles 101...there are many fun patterns and great things to do with them...

No comments: