Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Word Journal - Addition

Nothing like some snow to keep you in your art space....I love it.  I just did these two pages.  When I first thought about doing a Word Journal, I was going to be very selective about the words I chose....but as so often happens when I'm doing these "art journal pages"....things go off in another direction which is what happened today.  


For whatever reason, maybe it's because my bird feeder fell into the snow....stick with me...this is going somewhere....but "birds" were on my mind.
The next thing I know is I'm thinking of an old song from my early high school days (the kind of tune that drove parents crazy just like rap music does today),   I thought of Surfin Bird by The Trashmen.  That was a song that would get everybody dancing....if you grew up then...you know what I mean.  So..."the word is the bird"!


And...not to forget the art part....I created another pocket to put more "words & phrases" in for use in other art as seen on the left side of the page.

No comments: