Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Word is "Crayon"

Crayon may not seem like a special word to be added to a "word journal"; we just take the word for granted and don't really think about it...but a definite visual image comes to mind when we hear that word....the box of Crayola Crayons in particular.  And there is nothing like the smell of a new box of crayons.  The next best thing...is the names they give them like wisteria and asparagus and indigo and mauvelous...got to love them!

I've always loved to color...whether it was coloring books at an early age or those "paint by number" kits (do they still make those??) or whatever was available.

When I was a senior in high school, I had appendicitis and landed in the hospital.  So, while I was there...I colored in coloring books to pass the time, and everyone who came to visit me, while we were chatting, had to color a page in my book and sign it.  I kept that coloring book for years...wish I still had it now.

No comments: