Saturday, March 5, 2011

Where Does Inspiration Come From?

I would say from all of your senses....sight, sound, taste, smell, touch....so I've been working on some pages in my Word Journal.  This word journal has turned into something different than my original concept of ...carefully chosen words.  The word featured in the art below is not a special word by any means (what makes a word "special" anyway?)  but for whatever reason, it's ended up in the book.  The word is QUEEN.  Maybe it's interesting to me because it's associated with so many different things, the obvious being royalty.  And a queen is....female.   She's at the top of her game whether it's in chess or the local beehive.  My siblings nicknamed me "Queenie" when we were growing up.  I was born in May so...the May Queen.  So, here are my "queen" pages....



A queen is....a goddess or a thing personified as a female and having supremacy.
A queen is....the wife or widow of a king
A queen is....a female monarch
A queen is....the fertile fully developed female of social bees
A queen is....the most privileged piece of each color in a set of chessmen.
A queen is....you can fill this in....
 
I ran into some technical difficulty when I was doing the page with the key on it...I had saved a movie ticket stub from a couple of years ago from The Queen...to put on the journal page and it was part of the "dress" I created.  Well, in my eagerness to complete the page, I was using my heat gun on it and got too close and it burned the ticket and you couldn't read the words The Queen...lost treasure.  And then I had to recreate that part of the page without tearing it.  So, I present to you the QUEEN.

2 comments:

Beadcat3 said...

Love the way your book is coming along.
Di

Beadcat3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.