Saturday, August 4, 2012

CHERRIES!

It's a HOT day here in CT and when I same home from running some errands, I was hungry.  One of my favorite summer treats...aside from ice cream....is CHERRIES.  I love cherries.  As you can see, they were my inspiration for getting these two pages going.  I love Black-eyed Susans too....  I ate the cherries and saved some stems and literally glued them to the page.  And there are a bunch of tiny seeds glued there as well that came out of the seed packet....why waste.  

I've been motivated this week by some YouTube videos I've been watching of Donna Downey doing her Inspiration Wednesdays.  So much fun!  She glues and sprays and finger paints and more....on her pages and they are amazing.  Now these two pages aren't quite as "free" as she does...it takes practice to be "free"...to bring back that inner child we left behind.  My water spray bottle actually wasn't working so I grabbed the next nearest spray bottle I could find and it was Windex with vinegar ...this was when I was doing the background color...but it didn't seem to hurt the picture so I continued. 
I had one more inspiration for my "cherry" painting....a glass fruit plate
I have a set of eight glass fruit plates that I found a year ago at a consignment shop....can't believe someone parted with them....wish you could see the glass itself with the tiny bubbles in it and the artist etched her signature on the right....maybe you can see it on the black.  Of course, what really drew me to the plates is the border....I love the black border.  There are eight plates, each with a different fruit.  As I'm looking at this photo I took with a kitchen towel underneath....this might just be an inspiration for another painting!  We'll see.  I bet you're hungry for cherries now..... 

No comments: