Sunday, October 14, 2012

Flight of the Bumblebee

Altered Book - Paper Women
Paint, rubber stamps, collage

These two pages are inspired by a Sandy Gordon collection.  I created a "body" to go with the head.  She has musical notes on her skirt which is a napkin.  Music inspires a lot of ideas for me and the Flight of the Bumblebee immediately came to mind when I looked at the collage elements...the jar of honey, the beehive.  I had a couple of great bee rubber stamps.  The gingham ribbon is a remnant piece from my neighbor's quilting stash.  Close up of the woman....

 I was stung a couple of times this fall by yellow jackets....so I'm not sure why I like the idea of creating art using them as some of the elements....but, on the other hand, where would we be without the bees!

1 comment:

Cuaderno de Venus said...

hi, I like your work, so I'm using it! this image I took for my facebook. But I'll write your name on it