Friday, October 26, 2012

Seeing RED

ART JOURNAL - RED
I've started a new art journal today.  It's going to be all about the color, RED.
My very first art journal was Simply Blue...a journal I started on a beach vacation about 5 yrs ago.  I love that journal.  One of the pages in that book has a list of "blue" ideas and from the list, I created the themes for the pages in the book.  Comparing some of my work from then and now, I think I am more creative when I it comes to painting the pages vs. collage.  I am more true to myself because that's what I enjoy most.  I love how the cover of this journal came out.  I painted it red, added an interesting piece of paper on the right side, painted the letter cut-outs red and added a fun stamp of a figure from a Sherrill Kahn rubber stamp.  This is a journal of blank pages, vs. an altered book.  I like to have more than one book going at a time.  Starting a RED book at the beginning of the holiday season will be fun...lots of inspiration.  I have, however, started a list of "RED" ideas...Red door, Lady in Red, Red lipstick, Santa, Red sunset...and so on and so on.  I wrote this little poem about the color red awhile go, but I don't think I ever put it on my blog before....here goes:
I am Red
the Lady in Red in my soul
I feel the beat of a hot, Latin rhythm
I am soft like the petals of a red rose
Warm, like the embers in my fireplace
Creative down to my red, polished toenails
I am impulsive!
I am RED

Blue and Red are my favorite colors.  I think Blue is an easier color to illustrate, but it will be interesting to see where RED takes me....
(Most people who know me, would never think of me as the RED person I describe above).  So be it....I tend to keep my true "RED" under wraps....


No comments: