Monday, September 2, 2013

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Art Journal
Mixed Media

I sat down at my art table today, looking at different papers and thinking of ideas.  I started with shoe shapes...and this is what I ended up with....no shoes here!  My mind took off in a different direction. I am always drawn to my favorite colors...blue, yellow & red.

 The left page, starting at the top, has some wonderful blue, textured paper I picked up at an art store.  The big moon is made of card stock that has some pattern to it....printed on my Gelli-art plate, a scrap.  It has a small banner that says "Follow Your Heart"...On the lower half, is some of the deli tissue paper that was printed on my recent art vacation....just torn and pasted here.  I like the effect.

I painted the top half of this page and added some stamped musical notes.  The keyboard, I printed off the internet.  And the bird is a "songbird" made of different papers.  I was going to add some words to this, but I think it speaks, or rather...sings for itself.   What's the song that often repeats itself in your heart?

No comments: