Thursday, February 13, 2014

Russian Inspiration

 
ART JOURNAL
Gelli Art/Mixed Media
 

Inspired by watching some of the Winter Olympics....and the fact that there is a raging snowstorm going on outside....I decided to start a new journal page.  Of course, I'm painting a scene that has snow in it but it also has a lot of color.  Kids don't know how good they have it when their Mom is busy in the house making hot chocolate, making sure their gloves are dry and has a hot lunch in the works. That's what my mom did...and that's what I did. Now, I just worry about the snow piling up and hope, in the end, that all is well.   The background is printed on deli paper. Here is how the page started....

 
 
  I glued a Gelli Art print to the page.  It has blues and purple and gold. Then I started to do a little sketching.   

Here is a close-up of the torso....you can see some of the pattern from the Gelli Art print.  I might have to start another page...or, maybe I'll go make myself a hot lunch.  Later.

No comments: