Sunday, February 2, 2014

SHEDDING SHACKLES

 
ART JOURNAL
Mixed Media
 
I recently have been visiting the blog of Mindy Lacefield, aka Timssally,  and I am fascinated by the way she paints. (She's on YouTube).  Clearly, her art and her journey are unique to her and I am intrigued by how freely she paints....that's the only way I can describe her art because as I watch her in the process on her video....I feel like she just puts paint to paper and runs with it.  Maybe she has a plan....but I can't tell.  The end result is magical. 
 
Every artist has their own style.  Certainly, I could do a calm landscape or a folk art house....but I'm trying to determine what defines me and my art.  If I saw a painting of Mindy's hanging in a gallery ....I would immediately be able to tell it was hers.  Do you know what I mean?  The answer could be to  just paint what makes you happy.
 
  I decided to just go with the flow today and see if I could find that kindergarten artist in my soul and above was my result. All I can say is that it was a lot of fun.  And I want to try and hold on to some of the "play" I found in my art today.  Check out Mindy's art....see if you can find your groove!  Below is my kindergarten self....
 
Closer views:
 
 
 
 



No comments: