Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A WINTER DAY

 
ART JOURNAL
Mixed Media
 
It's a snowy, January day and I'm home nursing a recent foot surgery...getting a little crazy being housebound.  But I like painting snow...the energy of it whirling about, the different sized flakes, the sparkle...it is beautiful.  There is lots of color on the background of these two pages...snow isn't just white.  There is silver and blue and gray....The silver is stenciled on the pages through a paper doily and there are a few small pieces of tissue paper with silver flecks.
  Here is the tree....
 
 
 
 
This page shows my Labradoodle, Boomer, romping in the snow. The house is not mine, but I love little houses....
 
 

 
What you can't see in the photo are the flecks of silver and glitter dust that really add to the snow effect....makes it feel colder just by looking at it. It is a winter day.






1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

As I scroll down your page looking at one colorful creation filled with detail after another, I see Love.
I see you are enjoying this so much and it shows!!!