Sunday, January 19, 2014

Start with ENTHUSIASM!!


Art Journal
Inktense Water Soluble Ink Blocks
Permanent Pen, Acrylics, Collage, Pens, stencils

The inspiration for this page is the word up on the left...."enthusiasm".
On Epiphany Sunday, our Rector does a fun thing....passes around a basket full of paper crowns and inside each crown is a word.  I've blogged about this in the past.  This is the art work I created based on the word I picked, a bold punch of color and some inspirational words.  I also used my Inktense blocks that my sister gave me for Christmas.  This is how the page started....


I literally put down blocks of color with absolutely no plan except that at some point....I had to fit "enthusiasm" into the piece.  I kept going.
Now you can see that I took a water color brush and moved the color around.

I wrote the word, January, and then I glued a piece from a Gelli Art print that I had cut into a circle on the top right.  I added words, some stenciling, and a bird that I cut out of some scrapbook paper.  I did some doodling and stenciling as well.

A close-up of the Gelli Art that I doodled around, stamped stars and outlined leaves with a metallic gel pen.  "If you could read my mind...."

Last close-up of a planet....This is where I LIVE.




 

No comments: