Sunday, April 27, 2014

Inspiration from a box of Tick Control!


The Documented Life Project
Using a box as inspiration
3-Page Spread
Using a prompt from Roben-Marie Smith's Documented Life project....this is what I came up with.  I didn't have a food box hanging around for the inspiration, but I did have this box of flea & tick medicine for my dog, Boomer. So the left page became a place to record his vet appointments.

This is the opposite page....since the product is called Spot On...I painted the spots for the background.  The ink sketch I did 4 years ago when he was a pup.

The center page takes its cue from the product brand, ZODIAC...Boomer is a
Sagittarius!  That's his cute  photo you see (I might need a new ink cartridge as he looks slightly lavender here)...oh well!  And I didn't do much with the box itself...but it definitely gave me the cues for the art.

No comments: