Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Documented Life - Moleskin Journal

 
Front Cover
Paint, Pens, Collage, Stencil
 
This is the front cover of a new project....altering a moleskin journal.  I saw this on Roben-Marie Smith's website and it looked like a lot of fun.  I'm 4 months late joining this online project and the journal we were to use was a daily planner.  I bought a moleskin with plain pages because I couldn't go back and do a calendar year.  This will actually work better for me.  I've just completed the front and back cover.  Underneath this colorful cover is the basic, black cover.  In order for the cover to accept what I was going to do to it... you have to completely gesso the surface.  Gotta love gesso...the miracle art supply!
 (the black stripe is the elastic that keeps the book closed)
The back cover:
 
 
I have had the shoe for awhile....just waiting for the right place to put it and I like it here.  I love all kinds of music so that is my little "music" contribution to this cover.   So what does all of this mean....these circles and swirls and dots and colors?  For me, personally, they express an inner energy that is me that comes out when I take my art supplies to create.  It's my positive energy.  Can't speak for others but this is what it's about for me.  I can't wait to get inside the journal.  The Documented Life has some great "prompts" for the pages.  
 



No comments: