Saturday, June 21, 2014

GENESIS


Art Journal 
Collage, Acrylics, Washi tape, Business Envelopes 

The DLP (Documented Life Project) prompt for this week is to use a biblical quote or quote from a favorite, book....etc.  So I chose Genesis...the story of creation.  My interpretation is a little bit funky with the mermaid in the window.  
A closer look at the left side page.  The bottom half of the page has pieces of bank envelopes torn to create the water....
I took some artistic license by adding the bank envelope window and putting a mermaid in there...there are no mermaids in the story of creation.  I put her in an aquarium...And you see the Holy Spirit in the middle of the page.
Here is a close up of the mermaid with a large sea shell in the "aquarium".  I found her in a Coastal Living magazine. God, after all, has a sense of humor.

No comments: