Sunday, June 15, 2014

SUNSHINE DAYS


SUNNY FLOWERS - SUNNY DAYS
DLP - Art Journal
Acrylics, Collage, Rubber Stamps

My friend, Jan, inspired these pages.  I don't know if she knows how much joy she brings to the life of the people around her. The envelope on the right side of the page was a plain white envelope that holds a thank you note she wrote to me after her birthday this year. The envelope has a sunflower stamp on it....thus the pages began.  I altered the envelope and glued it to a flap that is attached to the page with washi tape.
This page includes a painting of a sunflower that I found on Pinterest....love it; don't know who painted it.
Underneath the flap is another painting I found on Pinterest and added to this page.  
When the flap is open, you can see that I wrote "My friend, Jan, brings sunshine into the lives of others."
And when all three pages are open, it looks like this....the flap is from a file folder that I had cut up, and sprayed with acrylics using stencils and then painted the flowers on top.  

I've been "sort of" following the Documented Life Project using some of the prompts...but sometimes you just have to go with what inspires you...that's really what a "documented" life is all about.  

No comments: