Sunday, February 15, 2015

Give Me The Blues


Art Journal
Inspired by the Pottery Barn Catalog
I tore an entire page out of a recent Pottery Barn catalog that was all about the color Indigo, and glued it to the page.  I tore it out because I loved the pillows in it and wanted to save it...not necessarily alter it.  But...how could I put it in my art journal without altering it!  Well....I altered it, added a blue & white vase and also added some pillows from one of their summer catalogs.  The great thing about this is that I wasn't starting with a blank page!  I highly recommend it.  I added collage elements, paint and pen and water soluble crayons.  


 The opposite page I didn't do much to....just played with color.  Blue, red and yellow....my absolute favorite colors...



I love the names of "blue" colors....Indigo, Lapis, Periwinkle, Sapphire, Turquoise.....







No comments: