Saturday, March 14, 2015

PRAYER FLAG


Prayer Flag
Photo printed on muslin
Beads and trim

It's Lent and this is the 5th prayer flag I've created.  I printed this photo of Tom when he was in 1st grade dressed for the elementary school Halloween parade...many years ago!  What I love about doing prayer flags is that it's not about creating a perfect work of art. I don't care about sewing perfect lines or cutting threads to keep things looking "neat".  It's about what or who you are praying about/for.  On the reverse side of this is an American flag which I did not photograph.


"Let us pray for the peace
of the world; for statesmen and rulers,
that they may have wisdom
to know and courage to do
what is right."

Actually, no piece of art is perfect. Prayer isn't perfect either.  

No comments: