Friday, April 17, 2015

The Bathing Suit



ART JOURNAL
Using magazine inspiration
The Bathing Suit
Acrylics and Ink
I have to say....I love these two pages!  Cutting images out of magazines eliminates wasting time trying to "think of what am I going to paint today."  So it was between the bathing suit and the shoe.  I love them both and probably could have painted the shoe on the left page, but then I wouldn't have a place to put the inspiration pieces.  
The suit was fun to do.  I debated what to do with the background....I could have painted a seascape but I wanted the bright colors of the bathing suit to stand out so I decided to use my black ink pen and drew bubbles of all different sizes.  I love the overall effect.  
For the inspiration page, I did add color to the page rather than just glue the shoe and the bathing suit to a plain page.  And, I wrote about the art that I created.  I think you can learn a lot about painting something from a photograph.  
A close-up