Wednesday, April 29, 2015

LOVER OF BLUE(S)

I'm always finding interesting things in Coastal Living magazine.  You don't have to live on the water to enjoy this magazine.  Whether it's a design inspiration or a recipe (empanadas!) or a story about a beach location from my youth, I love when this magazine arrives in my mail box. Havens or "must haves" as they call it in the May issue, features items for purchase and I saw this book and it was a must have for me!  The UPS man brought it a short while ago.


From the Collection of the
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

I love the many shades of the color blue and this book is a gem.  It's 5 x 8 and, while it may sound silly, it feels good to hold in your hand and the paper is divine...not to mention the beautiful photographs inside.  If you order this book, don't skip over the Introduction or, as they call it Blue Notes.

My very first art journal I called Simply Blue....

All of the art in this journal is about the color blue.  I started it on a beach vacation!  I have one other journal that has a lot of blue in it...actually, red, white & blue....
This book I created for my son....below is one of the pages.


Lovin' the BLUE!

No comments: