Wednesday, October 14, 2015

COLOR BLOCKS


ART JOURNAL
Acrylics, Pen
I started this page by dividing it into four blocks.  Below is my inspiration page:


I tore this page probably out of a travel magazine...images of doorways in Morocco.  When I first saved the page, my intention was to actually try and paint the doorways.  What I ended up doing with this is painting the various shades of colors, dark and light within the blocks.  But I wasn't satisfied with that because I'm not really a "linear" person....I like circles and curves.  So I took a large stencil and sprayed over the page with black paint.  Still not enough...I took a black pen and a white pen and just started adding marks to the page.  Am I finished?  Not sure.  I'm just going to have to look at it for awhile....Here are the two pages side by side.



No comments: