Tuesday, October 13, 2015

RAISING GOOD PEOPLE


KAIT AND JOHN
October 10, 2015
This past weekend, my friend, Jan's daughter got married in NC.  I've watched her grow since she was about 2 months old into an accomplished young woman. 
 I've saved the pieces from her Save The Date postcard to her wedding invitation and assembled them here in my journal, Gifts in my Life.  I've saved her sister, Erica's wedding memorabilia as well. On the left page, I saved the wedding envelope and made a pocket for their Save the Date postcard.  I made it so you can slide it out and be able to read the Maya Angelou quote on the back.  I didn't want to lose the beautiful flower that was the inside liner of the envelope...


I used the polka dot tape to tape the wedding invitation to the page.  This way it flips up so you can see the entire flower....and when the flap is closed, it looks like this...

"Love recognizes no barriers
It jumps hurdles, leaps fences,
penetrates walls
to arrive at its destination full of hope."
Maya Angelou

Wishing them a happily ever after.....

No comments: