Sunday, November 1, 2015

SAVING PAPER(s)


ART JOURNAL
I was sitting on the floor in my art room this afternoon, trying to figure out how to organize at least some of the bits and pieces of papers I have saved that are intended for either art inspirations to paint or draw or for use in mixed media projects. I have come to the conclusion that I'm just going to start glueing them in a book where I can easily view them.  Perhaps it's a face I want to try and paint or a landscape or flowers. 
The page above is a picture of the musician/artist (musicians are artists!), Hozier.  The photo spoke to me. The composition...the way he's standing, his hand on the guitar, the contrast of his light skin that pops against his dark clothing; the position of his head. I could go on. I decided the photo wasn't doing me any good in a folder as I'd probably forget that I had it.  
I found this great paper to use as the background for his photo.  It's part of a store bag (can't recall the store). The paper adds the perfect dramatic background for this very cool photo.  When I cut the figure out, I left a part of the type all the way around him which makes the figure stand out.  What else am I going to do with this....I don't know....for now it just has a home in my journal and I like to look at it.  

No comments: