Tuesday, August 9, 2016

SWEET LITTLE BIRD

Dylusions Art Journal
Water color and ink
I love watching the hummingbirds come to my feeders.  I have one outside my kitchen window and one off of my deck.  They are so tiny!  I wonder how many birds actually are drinking here as they only land one at a time.  Are there 5 or 6 or a dozen different ones?  They don't share well at the feeder.  I do know I have males and females.  How much longer will I get to enjoy them before they head south...sigh....I will miss them.  Here's the bird up close....

I sketched the bird from a photo I found on-line...since they don't stay still long enough to do a quick sketch....and too small to see the details.  How do photographers get such wonderful photos of these birds?
Here's the view from the deck....


I just have tons of trees, so lots of green and a stone wall.  Good the red glass feeder provides a pop of color for the painting!  Continuing to enjoy the sketching process...

No comments: