Thursday, August 4, 2016

Walking with Boomer

In my Sketchbook
Water color and Ink

Boomer and I take a walk on this road almost every day.  All of the roads in my town here in CT are very tree-lined;  many suffered serious damage during Hurricane Sandy.  The trees are very tall and very old.  Trees take a lot of abuse and it pains me to see all of the vines (weeds) that climb up them and put them in a choke hold and eventually kill them.  There's just no way to contain all of these weeds.  Some of the vines are like thick ropes.  I wish I could cut them all off.  There's lots of poison ivy and much of  it grows along the edges of the roads.  Some of the vines grow out into the road....I can almost imagine Boomer and I in some sci-fi movie where they grab us around our feet and we're whisked away...perhaps lost forever in the deep, vine jungle.  I like walking on this road where I've seen deer, recently a fox, rabbits and the birds sing as I walk along.  So peaceful.  I feel renewed after this walk.  I wish the trees could be renewed....here are some of those vines (there many different kinds...) creeping out into the road.....



No comments: