Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Mailman Brings Joy.....

Dylusions Small Journal
Winsor and Newton Pocket-Size Water Colors
I received two things I've been waiting for in my mailbox this week.  The first is a book I ordered called ...
You don't have to be a New Yorker to appreciate all of the art in this wonderful little book.  I say little because it's about 6 x 8 (hardback) and it has over 120+ luscious drawings by a variety of artists..which is what makes it so great.  It has drawings of the usual, iconic places, but also some very whimsical drawings and water colors.  Love, love, love.  It will continue to inspire me.

In addition to receiving that, the mail person brought me a small package, that actually arrived early, of a Winsor and Newton watercolors pocket-size set. 


Each color is individually wrapped as you can see...like a luscious piece of candy.  The size is perfect for carrying around with you and has a small brush (that little piece of silver you see in the box opens and extends  into the brush).

Now I've done two important things for myself today....got off the couch to take Boomer for a walk.  (After watching 90+ year olds competing in races on CBS Sunday Morning).  And I created some art....the day is off to a good start!  For me, joy often comes in the morning....








No comments: