Friday, July 9, 2010

Homage to Nancy Drew

I loved reading books when I was a young girl ....and I must have read almost all of the Nancy Drew Mysteries...I don't really know.  All I know, is that I would go to my room and stay there for hours, reading Nancy Drew Mysteries.  

I came across some of the original hard bound copies in an antique flea market in Atlanta recently...was almost tempted to purchase one and read it ...again...but I didn't.  But...she's been on my mind.

So, segue to what I love about art journaling.  You don't have to spend hours, days figuring out how your "canvas" is going to look.  With art journaling...at least for me...it's something you just....do.  It doesn't take hours or days or weeks....you just have an idea, or a feeling, or something that you are chuckling about....and you have to get it on paper...in some form....capture it.  
So....here is my homage to Nancy Drew.  On the top page are the lyrics to Judy Collins song, "Both Sides Now" (there is a connection) and on the bottom...just a little philosophy about life, Nancy Drew and whatever you want to take away from this.  (In case you don't know it, if you double click on the image, you can see a larger version)I had fun doing this, and that's what it's all about. (modified image 7/18/10)

No comments: