Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 4, 2010

I cannot let a July 4 weekend go by without some "red, white & blueSo last night I created this little painting for my red, white & blue journal.  The felted wool flag in the center was created by my artist friend, Morna Crites-Moore.  Morna has created some amazing felted wool flags which you can see on her blog, click here ...you have to go and see them!  Be sure to scroll down to her Flag Day post....

Updates on my Marine son who is spending his summer at Camp LeJeune, NC...I found out last week that Tom was named "Marine of the Week" by his platoon (140 guys).......so proud of him.  He has some time off this 4th of July and is spending the long weekend at the Outer Banks...some well deserved R & R from the hot summer days they've had down there.

So, I'm dedicating this post to our men & women in uniform.

No comments: