Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not The Only One


Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today
Will there really be a "Morning"?
Is there such a thing as "Day"?
Could I see it from the mountains
If I were as tall as they?
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
Has it feet like Water lilies?
Has it feathers like a Bird?
Is it brought from famous countries
Of which I have never heard?
 Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
Oh some Scholar! Oh some Sailor!
Oh some Wise Man from the skies!
Please to tell a little Pilgrim
Where the place called "Morning" lies!
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one




There's a website called Episcopal Cafe at http://www.episcopalcafe.com/art where I got this from...I liked it so much, I had to post/share it.  There is a lot of wonderful art on that site.  "Imagine" by John Lennon; and Will there really be a "Morning"? by Emily Dickinson.  A little morning philosophy....

No comments: