Monday, January 21, 2013

Another Heart for My Tree

On previous posts, you've seen my "Tree Branch" that I put up shortly after Hurricane Sandy...when we got power back.  I kept it up during the holiday season...and it's still up.  It has hearts and stars and birds and birdhouses and a PEACE garland.  This morning I made another heart for it.  That's a star anise with a dab of gold added in the center.  The background is a napkin I decoupaged on it and a beautiful piece of ribbon whose colors work beautifully with the colors of the napkin.  The back of the heart is purple...the heart is cut out of a piece of purple cardboard and I've embellished it a little bit, but it's this view that I'm sharing.  It's now hanging on the "tree".  How long will I keep the branch/tree up?  Don't know...

No comments: