Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend.....

Altered Book
These two pages were so much fun...I'm not letting the rain outside dampen my spirit.  The start of Memorial Day weekend is always an "art inspiration" weekend for me....the beginning of the summer, honoring our military and celebrating all that is good about where we live.  
I painted the little cottage this morning.  I named it Haven.  All done in acrylics and ink.  The right hand page I started on Friday.  My inspiration was a photo of a bowl of strawberries...but I couldn't do regular strawberries...so I made them...as you see them here.  And the flag pennants across the bottom...cut out of the Pottery Barn catalog.  A closer look at the pages...

HAVEN

Home Grown Berries
My birthday falls on Memorial Day this year....how can I not paint about the red, white & blue!!!  It's in my DNA.  There is one more inspiration I have for this weekend...and I still have time to get it done. 

No comments: