Sunday, May 19, 2013

Starting a New Altered Book....

Inspired by the latest Pottery Barn catalog......

 There's More to Explore

and my Gelliarts plate.  I am a beginner with the Gelliarts plate...I am  altering a book whose title is The Deep End of the Ocean... starting with the color blue... my favorite color to work with.  So yesterday, I decided to make some monoprints directly into the book for some interesting background pages.  The page on the left....
 is done in midnight blue and white acrylic on the gelli plate and you can see the pattern of swirls done with a stencil.  The white parts look like ocean surf and the effect is that the ocean is a bit churned up...is this where art imitates life?  We have been "churned up" lately....   On the right hand page....
I again used the gelli plate...this was the 2nd print off of the one above, so there is less color.  The hearts were cut from the catalog and there are strips that I also cut from the catalog that I've used on the edges of the pages and around the square.  I know you can't tell from this photo, but again, the top right and bottom right triangles on this page....really look like water.

Soooo, being that  Memorial Day weekend is coming up soon....and having the red, white & blue going through my head....I decided it was time to do a changeover in the kitchen cabinet....


I'll be revisiting Memorial Day later next week...this is just for starters.
 

No comments: