Saturday, July 4, 2015

Maryland is for CRABS.....


Art Journal
Memories of 4th of July
at the Delaware-MD shore....

It's not my usual red, white & blue that I would normally do today, but there is an essence of those colors here.  I recently acquired the crab napkin.  First I used my Gelli plate (the red-orange colors) and then I glued the crab on top.  I filled in around the edges with the blue and some yellow ochre.  And I stamped a couple of more crabs unto the page.  This page was a quickie, but I like it.
I haven't had those crabs for several years but they are the best...you have to go there and eat them.  The Fenwick Crab House is the place we normally went for the crabs....it's a messy job to eat them, but that's part of the experience.  And you need a cold pitcher of beer as the crabs have a lot of Chesapeake Bay Seasoning on them and that has a bit of a kick to it.  On your way back to your beach house....it's a stop at the Dairy Queen for a chocolate dip vanilla cone.  It doesn't get any better than that....Happy 4th!

No comments: