Saturday, August 29, 2015

JOURNAL COVER


RE-IMAGINE
ART JOURNAL
Front Cover
Ink Sprays, Stencils, Pen
My Recycled Art for the Letters



I decided it was time to do something with my art journal cover.  The "grocery store brown bag" color was boring.  So I got out my ink sprays, sequin waste, pens, and even a prrint of some of my previous art.  I decided that art would make very colorful letters for the name of this journal, RE-IMAGINE.  

When i started this journal earlier this year, the very first page in the book...has the word re-imagine in my art.  What is art if it isn't something re-imagined???
It's what the artist feels and sees.  Below is that first page in the journal which I posted earlier this year....

You can see the word re-imagine more than once on this page.  Is re-imagine all about the "woulda, coulda, shoulda's" in life?  Does  re-imagining give you that do-over opportunity?  Or is re-imagining taking something that's already great and ....turning it into something even more wonderful?  I love the word re-imagine.  It conjures up all kinds of thoughts.  I keep revisiting it as I go through the completed pages of this journal and think about that word...re-imagine....I have lots of pages yet to fill.  Letting my imagination...or re-imagination take flight.

No comments: