Saturday, August 1, 2015

IMAGERY


ART JOURNAL
Ink, paint, collage
Working in my art journal is like having a tangible "Pinterest" board...it's a place where I can practice and store ideas, just whatever is whirling in my head at the moment.  I love that photograph that I got from a magazine on the left-hand page, but I decided I didn't want to really paint it.  I like looking at it.  And then the lyrics to this song came into my head..."The Windmills of Your Mind".  Such poetry and imagery.  It's a beautiful song....how would the words translate into a painting?  "Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel, never ending or beginning as an ever spinning reel".....and that's only the beginning of the imagery in the words of this song.  So I sat down yesterday and wrote the words down, going around in a circle.  The song was written by Dusty Springfield...if you're old enough to remember her...and it's a song I don't want to forget...."As the images unwind, like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind..."


No comments: