Saturday, December 12, 2015

NO TIME FOR ART....


60+ Degrees
I've never gone this long without posting some art...but I haven't had time to do any!  I took this photo this morning because I love the shadows the trees are making on the lawn. As beautiful as the fall is here in CT...it requires the most clean-up of any of the seasons...it takes up my weekends!  
Now I am in my usual Christmas "frenzy" of trying to get things done.  It doesn't feel like Christmas with these temps, but I do appreciate that I'm not out on slippery roads trying to get my shopping done.  
I didn't take any of my sentimental ornaments out for the tree this year...but I do like the overall look...

It's all glass icicles, red wooden bead garland and red glass bead garland.  It sparkles nicely!  

I'm still trying to put my living room and dining room back together after having it painted right after Thanksgiving.  It's a work in progress for sure.  I don't know where I want to hang everything because I don't want it to be the same as it was....thus the art has taken up residence in my guest room along with the books I had in my living room awaiting reassignment.  
This is the first Christmas in awhile that I haven't created something handmade for someone on my list.  That's often the best part of Christmas but it just wasn't meant to be this year. 
Now I'm waiting for the "all is calm" part of Christmas....

No comments: